Friday, October 12, 2012

The First

Hello all! This is my first blogging experience and I promise I'll try to make it a good one. My life has recently undergone major changes, and I find myself sitting in bed most days with nothing to occupy my time. So I'm here, now, writing this blog.

Let me introduce myself to you-

My name is Avira, I'm in my early twenties and I live in an apartment in a city (sorry, I won't tell you where). It's a little thing, but comfortable enough. I live with another girl, but she spends most of her day at a nearby University. Our place is just big enough for two - two bedrooms, a bathroom, a kitchen, and a small living space. We live on the third floor of our building, right next to the stairs. I'm always afraid of fires on the lower floors for the only way out is down those stairs. Really, why do elevators warn you "in case of fire, use stairs." Really? What if the stairs are on fire?

In any case, this first blog was meant to be about the newest member of our little family. Just yesterday, we adopted! The little baby is adorable, a perfect angel. We call her November, or Nova or Novi for short. Those little eyes blinking up at me are beautiful, one brown, one green. She's got four soft little paws and a happy tail that whips back and forth every time she stumbles upon something new. Yes, our new baby is a kitten! November is a calico (she has tricolor fur), and one orange spot perfectly frames her green eye, in the midst of her black face. Adorable!

Since the adoption, we've had to "baby proof" the apartment. The landlady promised not to interfere with our pet, so long as we keep the place clean and she doesn't get too loud. But protecting door frames from sharp kitten claws is proving to be a challenge. I'm thinking about going out tomorrow and purchasing carpet to staple to all the wall corners. But then we have the dilemma of how to close the doors. So I'm not quite sure what to do just yet. Any suggestions?

That's about all I have for this first post. Other than being utterly adorable and stumbling around exploring everything, Nova hasn't really done much post-worthy yet. I'll keep you updated! There's so much more to come!

I hope you liked my first blog, thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Nova is latin for new, and novi, isn't anything at all. As you took the time to comment and read my blog, its only fair to read yours.

    Kittens are adorable, and I will forever be a loyal reader, as long as kittens are involved. For your apartment, you'll have to find out the kittens patterns, and strategically place scratching posts or carpeting at those locations. You could, if very devoted, buy plastic claws that go over the tiny real claws, but they are difficult to put on. Kittens are forever cute. Most excellent fellow blogger!

    ReplyDelete